Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tofu Flying - Painting in Progress



As mentioned below, this is my current progress on Tofu the Dog in his airplane. (He says it's his airplane, I don't know where he got it or where he keeps it)

It is about half, maybe two thirds, or maybe even three quarters done. I want to adjust the lower shading on the nose/prop, and I'm still working on the lighting on the tail. I also am not entirely pleased with the highlights on the top part of his plane; I think it's very close, but needs a little bit of work.

I only blocked in the color for Tofu this past weekend so there is still work to do on him yet. Of course I'll be adding a propeller also.

*click on the image to enlarge it

2 comments:

THE AGILE BADGER said...

Howdy, Matto! I've always enjoyed your playful style. This one in particular. (I'm a dog lover, too.)

Haven't seen you around the IM pages much recently. Hope that's because you're so busy.

Matto the Hun said...

Hey Badger!

Thanks for checking up on me and the comment.

I'm sad that I haven't been by Mundo in a while.

I have been busy, but unfortunately it hasn't been with anything meaningful like Tofu or any other art.

Just been busy at work work making the $$$ while it lasts (contract work). Which is also good since I like the place I'm at.

I'm getting the old creative ball rolling again, and so I'll likely make my way back to the Mundo boards soon.

Thanks again for the support man!